The overall objective of CIDB is to develop the capacity and capability of the Construction Industry through the enhancement of quality and productivity by placing great emphasis on professionalism, innovation and knowledge, in the endeavour to improve the quality of life.
Contruction Industry Development Board wasestablish under the Construction Industry Development Board Act (Act 520) to undertake the following function related to the construction industry:
- To promote and stimulate the development, improvement and expansion of the construction industry
- To advise and make recommendation to the Government on matters related to the construction industry
- To promote, stimulate and undertake research in matters relating to the construction industry
- To promote, stimulate and assist in the export of service relating to the construction industry
- To provide consultancy and advisory services with respect to the construction industry
- To promote quality assurance in the construction insdustry
- To encourage the standandization and improvement of construction techniques and materials
- To initiate and maintain a construction industry information system
- To provide, promote,review and coordinate training programmes organized by public and private construction training centres for skilled construction workers and construction site supervisors
- To accredit and register contractors including to cancel, suspend or reinstate the registration og any registered contructors
- To accredit and certify skilled contruction workers and contruction the supervisors.